Plumbing in the coffee maker
OK, David, here is the situation.
This is the coffee maker that I want to plumb it. Not that it matters, but it is a QuickMill Achille 0996 Spring Lever machine:

Underneath it, on the left side of the photo above is the pipe:

and it came with the connecting braided metal attachement:

SO far, so good.

I bought this tubing from Chris Coffee, which is designed to help you plumb in your machine. Any machine that accepts line pressure water.

It is pretty cool. It uses something called John Guest fittings, which operate like chinese handcuffs. You slip them together, and when they are under pressure they don't release:

There are two problems with the setup.
I have to have room for a water softener and a water filter:

The two big blue cylinders shown above, and you get to get the tubing from the water:

To the coffee maker through this board:

This is the other side of that board:

and this board:

this is the other side of that board:

and this board:

and then slip it up between the cabinet and the stove, and attach it to the braided metal tubing:

which I have already attached to the coffee maker.

SO I guess you could say that the hard part is done!
I don't think it will be hard, but we will need a 3/8" bit for a drill (probably better to have a 1/2" bit). I have a drill, and will just have to remember to charge the battery.
Doreen doesn't want me to do this, because she thinks that if I do this I won't want to re-do the kitchen. That is not necessarily true, but she thinks it is.
What do you think?
This is the coffee maker that I want to plumb it. Not that it matters, but it is a QuickMill Achille 0996 Spring Lever machine:
Underneath it, on the left side of the photo above is the pipe:
and it came with the connecting braided metal attachement:
SO far, so good.
I bought this tubing from Chris Coffee, which is designed to help you plumb in your machine. Any machine that accepts line pressure water.
It is pretty cool. It uses something called John Guest fittings, which operate like chinese handcuffs. You slip them together, and when they are under pressure they don't release:
There are two problems with the setup.
I have to have room for a water softener and a water filter:
The two big blue cylinders shown above, and you get to get the tubing from the water:
To the coffee maker through this board:
This is the other side of that board:
and this board:
this is the other side of that board:
and this board:
and then slip it up between the cabinet and the stove, and attach it to the braided metal tubing:
which I have already attached to the coffee maker.
SO I guess you could say that the hard part is done!
I don't think it will be hard, but we will need a 3/8" bit for a drill (probably better to have a 1/2" bit). I have a drill, and will just have to remember to charge the battery.
Doreen doesn't want me to do this, because she thinks that if I do this I won't want to re-do the kitchen. That is not necessarily true, but she thinks it is.
What do you think?

Comments