The Plumbed In Achille

The first step is connecting the John Guest fittings to our incoming cold water:

This was one of the more problematic parts of the installation. At first my connection up to my faucet leaked very, very slowly. I had to leave for about an hour to see a drop. But that is unacceptable. I tightened it up (the silver nut) and it is now dry.


Next, I had to get the filters in place. The first one in-line is the water softener:


You can see the filter following in line:


There is another shut off valve before the tubing takes off under the cabinets"


Here it goes behind an unused space:


Then it comes out near some pots and pans:


Continues out the other side:


Enters the cabinet with the sliding shelf:


Leaves that cabinet to head up top:


Comes out beside the stove. I placed a small piece of insulation to protect the tube from the heat of the over. I don't think it will be a problem. I baked bread today, and the temperature of the outside of the stove was about 100 degrees F. On the left side of the insulation, it was about 90.


Here it connects to the braided tube that came with the Achille:


And here it is connected to the Achille:


This last connection was a problem for me as well. When I opened up the water, it sprayed all over. I did not have the connection tight enough. It took a couple of turns, but it is now dry as a bone.

The little out of focus box with the thumb screws covers a switch that changes the water feed to the boiler from the tank to the line.

It took a couple of hours of patient work, but it is now done!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Old Review of Joel Robuchon

Plumbing in the coffee maker